Tryst with Destiny

 The thunderstorms are meant to be surpassed by the sunlight, the darkness is usually overshadowed by the bright, and the wounds are healed with time. I met you when I wasn’t ready to be healed, the storm was never willing to settle and the sun never hoped to shine. However, my heart could recognise the warmth, the calmness that surrounded you, persuaded me to cross the tunnel of overpowering thoughts and the darkness was willing to surrender. You somehow managed to revive the expectations of the 16-year-old and tried to convince the stubborn, hopeless 20-year-old to meet the younger version halfway.

You made her fall in love with every possible version she possessed, taught her to find hope in the little things and picked her up even though she wasn’t willing to start again. Your eyes conveyed a new story altogether, your innocence melted her heart, and your smile gave her hope. I could feel the air around, the freshness and the lost kindness that you brought along.  You revived the courage in me, taught me to start from scratch even when it felt impossible to and pushed me to challenge the limitations when I clearly placed boundaries.

The sixteen-year-old nearly got lost in the process of growing up, but you decided to re-build her every day little by little. Never letting the spark die, you taught me to evolve, moulded me into the version I could have never solely built.

The only question I ask myself every day is: Wouldn’t it be for you; would I have taken this journey all together? You came into my life to make me fall in love with destiny, with the process and definitely the little things that make the final destination all worthy.

The younger version has someone to look up to, the storm decided to pass and warmth of hope worked. She looked at herself and smiled this time, her heart was filled with hope and the courage pushed her. She knew she could do it, because you were cheering right back as always!!

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-love or the journey of acceptance?

Choose Hope!