Now, is the time to LET GO

 



The weirdest solution when I quoted to a friend on how I am not able to let go of my bottled-up emotions was, to drink more beer and chill! Pretty much sums up why people don’t talk about mental health. The idea of accepting what has happened to you and leaving all that trauma behind is really challenging for some people. You want to forget the hurtful words, the unaccepted reality and the darkness that surrounds that period. Many believe that time is the healer of all the hurtful things, to me, it isn't. Time just teaches you how to accept the upsetting and hurtful reality for the sake of healing. You try and fix the wounds every time until you realise the more you are touching those wounds, the more it hurts and then you decide to let it heal naturally and eventually you let go of it! It is not the time that heals you, but the dark tunnels that you are trying so hard to exit to experience the sunny days which moulds you into versions that you have always aspired for. Trust me when I say this, shout back to your fears, tell them you will kick them in their faces. Take your time to process what had happened, don't run away from it so soon because eventually, you will have to accept it.

This is your journey, don’t let others decide if you are meant to be the protagonist of your story or not. Convince yourself to choose hope, to find acceptance and to find strength in your dark days. Letting go is a choice to introduce your life to more thrilling chapters, to more challenging climbs and to more days of saying, I know I can handle all my fears. I did it in the past, I can do it now.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-love or the journey of acceptance?

Tryst with Destiny

Choose Hope!