Self-love or the journey of acceptance?

 

What is the best piece of advice you would give to your 16-year-old self? Let me guess, going down the memory lane really ignited the risky roads travelled, the heartbreaks, the joy of being fierce and the hope of never stop believing. But honestly, you still wished to somehow meet the naïve version of yourself who foolishly danced to It’s a love story, baby just say yes by Taylor swift, the girl who fearless smashed the societal norms because she believed in the woman she was becoming, how her shine used to sparkle the entire room and how brilliantly she accepted her flaws knowing they all belonged to her. If you ask me, I really never believed in self-love, it was always reality that kept me going. I never really believed that things could majestically fall in place, I knew it was me who had to allow them to pass through that tunnel.

Self-love for me is a debatable topic, I don’t purposely believe doing skincare or maybe dressing as your best self is known as self-love. It is the moment of truth, the joy of dancing with your flaws, the belief to accept your emotional well-being and not denying to work on it unless you feel the bag carries less weight on your shoulders. The minute you decide to let go of people because they don’t match the boundaries that you have created for yourself, the feeling of being transparent to your fears and to shine pass through them, that is self-love for me.

Progress over Perfection, that is self-love for me because I still remember how the sixteen-year-old used to wait for me to outshine my darkness, she would allow me to have my moment and expect me to finish that climb I decided to start initially, so if you ever ask me What is my definition of Self-love, my answer would be: The transition from the vision of my 16-year-old to the reality of my 25-year-old self.

Comments

  1. Thank you Dr ogugu for helping me to get my lovely partner back in my life. I am so blessed that you use a non forceful way of reuniting us. Our past, and future seems to have all merged into one. You told me that everyone has a compatible soul mate whether in their life of waiting to come into their lives. I am glad it's my partner of old. I did not want to really go and be with someone else... You have removed the extra baggage that has been affecting us and holding us back. Peace to you Dr Ogugu. Anyone out there with 8 problems should try and contact Dr  ogugu his website, I assure you your problems will be solved by this great man.Solutiontempledrogugu@gmail.comCALL/Whatsapp number: +2347011196745

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tryst with Destiny

Choose Hope!